Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Old Card


I did this in 2006 and it was inspired by children's book illustrations I really like. The concept is to have Jack Frost writing on a window. ( "Seasons Greetings" was added in a frosted lettering style by computer for our card.) The trees etc as seen through the frosted glass are pretty abstract but I like the way it came out. When I first did this I had his doublet all blue, but I had in the back of my mind the idea of having snow flakes on it. I scanned the picture with the doublet as all blue and then added the snow flakes and scanned it again. I definitely prefer the one with the snow flakes so that is what we used. "Little Jack Frost", roughly 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, Acrylic, watercolor colored pencil and Pro White on illustration board.

4 comments:

  1. such a wonderfully childish picture. ^^ so addorable. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of that one David Bowie movie... The Man Who Fell to Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really??How does it remind you of "The man Who Fell to Earth"?

    ReplyDelete