Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TV Inspired


Back in the early 90's there was a TV show called "Beauty and the Beast". I enjoyed it as did our roommate at the time, Karen. So one year, for her Birthday I did a picture of Vincent from the show as her gift. I did this while she was in the small 2 bedroom apartment we shared and managed to work on it with her in the apartment and she never saw it or knew it was being done until I gave it to her. It was not an easy task. The background was inspired by a tarot deck called "the Stained Glass Tarot" and while the art wasn't real stained glass looking, it was very striking and well designed. I think it is smaller than 8 1/2 x 11 (but I can't recall exactly). "St Vincent of the Rose", Acrylic on Bristol paper.

4 comments:

  1. It beatiful, espically the glass in the back, the colors are so vibrante.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember during the run of the show, you could not go into a science fiction convention art show without seeing dozens of Vincents, done with varying amount of skill. Yours looks a lot nicer than all that fan art. You also made his face more sympathetic than the burly real character in the show. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, i think you did another stirring job on those eyes tristan. they are so fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfeito! Eu adorava este seriado. Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete