Sunday, January 16, 2011

Book Cover Bingo

I was contacted by someone I did not know and ask if I would like to do a cover for their book. The concept for the picture seemed good and I think I could do a great picture for them. Then I get an email saying they are looking at various artists for it...Well now I get an email saying they are using a photo for the cover. It really does not make sense to me to use a photo, but they think it will be cheaper and whatever.

I am considering making a no book cover policy. I have done several in the past, but the last 2 I have been approached to do have not worked out. The first, I did allot of work on, had an agreement and then after a year was told, they were not going to use my cover or pay what was agreed. Now this one...it makes me think people who contact me about covers are just screwing with me and not serious. 

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could insist on a contract and that way if they didnt follow through you could take them to court? it seems like they should be held accountable for commission...

    ReplyDelete