Thursday, August 20, 2009

Angels Unawares


In 1996 I did a black and white book called "Darkness & Light; Demons and Angels". This was the art I used on the cover. It was done in 1993 and appeared in my earlier book "NightChild". I have always loved angels and the Biblical quote "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers for thereby some have entertained Angels unawares." Hebrews 13.2 And having met a few true Angels in my life I try to treat every stranger with respect.

This was the cover art "First Flight" printed on yellow card stock and then hand colored with Acrylics. It's nice in black and white but I think it is stunning in color!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very nice. I especially like the purplish blue ribbon which is trailing from the angel's left arm. It suggests release from bondage and a sense of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I never consider the "symbology" of the ribbon, I just thought it added movement and flow to the overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd agree! It's beautiful! :)

    And that is a lovely quote too. Gah ... whenever I come to your weble, I find so much inspiration for writing ... now if only I could find a wellspring of time to do it in!

    ReplyDelete