Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Do Gay Androids Dream of Electric Men?


Way back in 1992 or 3 (I forget which) I was Artist Guest of Honor for Gaylaxicon which was held in the DC area. It was a great con for me but it was a chore doing the con book and T-shirt design. Lets just say all my work seemed to be too "Gay" for them...
This is a picture I had already done and that I fell back on as a cover/shirt idea. They loved it and it looked great on the shirts!
I forget what inspired it but I know that the hairlike tubes is based on how I drew hair back when I was in High School (less tube like but every strand defined and somewhat tangled looking). For this post I put a black background around the picture, in the original the inner circles are all that are defined not the outer edge next to the black outer part shown here. "Android". 8 1/2 x 11 marker on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment