Saturday, January 30, 2010

Old and Strange


Way back, not long after the first "Alien" movie came out I got the book of H.R. Giger's art "The Necronomicon". His work while disturbing is amazing, creative and full of detail! I did two small paintings, 16 x 20 on canvas inspired by his work. The first was monochromatic black on black with greys and a very minor amount of white. That painting got me my job at "The Judges Guild" a D&D supplemental/gaming company as an in house artist. The owner bought the original painting (for $200 if I remember right). I did a second painting, this one was white on white with some greys, tans and a little black. This one I may still have (someplace). I don't have a picture of the first one but here is the second one. "Gigeresque", 16 x 20 Acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment