Friday, February 19, 2010

Q pid


If you know me, you know I love cherubs! I am picky though and they have to have that certain something (no not a pee pee)! Anyway, as mentioned in my last post J.C. Leyendecker has a style I love and his cherubs are so cute! He is the man who really created the idea of the "New Year" being represented as a baby or cherub (see many many "Saturday Evening Post" covers by him). This little guy is directly inspired by his cherubs. He may stay in my personal collection... "Cupid", Acrylic on 6 x 6 Bristol paper. Picture 12.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that you liked cherubs! ;) I'm not terribly familiar with Leyendecker's work, except perhaps in cultural memory from certainly seeing those Post covers, but I think you definitely captured the little fella's innocence quite well here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandparents have a few of these in our front yard. Unfortanly the completey covered by snow right now...

    ReplyDelete