Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wet Woman

I don't do allot of females in my art and I almost never get strong inspiration for a picture of one, but in this case I did! After seeing another artists work, that had NO resemblance to this picture or in any way really related to this picture, I got the strong inspiration to do a Japanese print style Siren! That was the first part that grabbed me, the second was to not base it strongly on any actual Japanese prints, but to just try and capture the same feel as one. I hope I did that, in any case I am very happy with her. "Siren", 7 x 17 1/2, Acrylic, Micron pen, and ProWhite on Canson board. Original SOLD. Prints for sale. Picture 16.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! Though she would have to be paddling that tail furiously to be that far out of the water (like a dolphin). But this is a gorgeous piece, Tristan.

    ReplyDelete