Thursday, October 15, 2009

False Window


Many many years ago I started decorating a large canvas building/tent for a friend. The place was originally called the "Griffin's Den" and now is called "Mystic Mail". I only get a two week window of time every year to work on it and due to various circumstances, there was a several year break between when I started and when I was able to continue. The "window" was started maybe 8 or more years ago and it was only 3 years ago that I was able to continue work on it. I had it sketched in and the black lines mostly done before the long break. I just this year finished adding color to the entire window area. This is meant to look like stained glass and on a solid building, would be hard but not impossible. This was painted on a moving, fluid, canvas wall. There are many details that still need to be added and some layers of color I may want to add. I hope to finally have it finished next year.

2 comments:

  1. well it really does look like stained glass. and amazingly even the times i have been over there i have never seen it. i guess they hide it occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that's quite the undertaking! i can't imagine how hard it would be for me to pick up on something i stopped that long ago. :o

    ReplyDelete