Sunday, December 1, 2013

The End of Darkover

Well this weekend was the very last Darkover Con, after 36 years of doing a convention based on and for fans of Marrion Zimmer Bradley's, Darkover novels, it has come to an end. The reason for the end was that the woman who started and ran this con for 35 of those years died early this year and so we had one last hurrah. Next year, there will be a new con that will be more general SciFi and Fantasy. more eclectic.

But this last Darkover was good, not huge but well attended and while the art show was small, I did better than I have in many years at this con. So it was good for me as a last Darkover art show. I sold at least 10 pieces and while most went for minimum bid, I still did well and I will miss Darkover. I have been to about 30 of the 36 and it will seem odd next Thanksgiving weekend to not be going to Darkover...the new con will be the same dates, so I hope it goes well and I will begin to look forward to going to it each year.

Anyway, the last Darkover con ha come and gone and it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment