Saturday, August 29, 2009

Frustration


I have so much art I need to do and stuff I want to do and I tried drawing today, still can't due to the poison ivy on my hands. It is worst in the webbing between my thumb and first finger and pencil, paint brush etc all rub right where it is and I can't work.

So her is another older picture, this one was used on "Mythic Men" my first full color book (now out of print). I may get it redone by the new printers eventually. Anyway, this is "Hern Rising", 15 x 20, Acrylic and watercolor colored pencil on Canson board.

1 comment:

  1. All those little leaves! Oh dear.

    But I'm not going to comment on the background for once. :) I'm going to say that I love the lazy, just-woken-up expression on his face. I've found that this is what's hardest, for me, in drawing people is not only getting the anatomy right but wrangling it into the proper expressions. You got it right on here, for me; I can feel that heavy, slumberous feeling just looking at him.

    That might also have something to do with the fact that it's 2 am. :)

    ReplyDelete