Friday, February 19, 2010

Inspiration


Many many artists inspire me! From back when I was in high school till now, I have loved the works of J.C. Leyendecker. I was thrilled to see a book of his work come out and I now own it (thanks dear), I got it for Christmas. While I had always loved his work I am now even a bigger fan finding out that he was gay and his main model was his long time lover :)

Here is one of the hundreds of magazine covers he did (you think "Saturday Evening Post" and magazines like that only used Rockwell covers? Leyendecker did MORE!)

I am sure you will see my version or something based on this picture sometime soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love Leyendecker's work. But wow, you would never see anything like that on the cover of a national magazine these days, never at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, prudery and paranoia and stupidity would never allow this lovely work on a magazine cover now days. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing that Pyracantha said: I cannot imagine a cover like this on a national magazine! My word, the uproar and cries of pedophilia that it would cause!

    (And this is what I get for reading your weble in reverse order; now I have seen an example of Leyendecker's work! :)

    ReplyDelete