Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Still Posting...


I am still trying to post daily. Here is my 30th picture this year "AcroBat" inspired by the works of Erte (there should be an accent mark over the last "e" but I don't know how to do that). This is not a copy or even based on anything of his directly, it is all mine (well, except the clouds). The scan unfortunately losses some of the contrast on the body (his white markings show up much better in the original). I was very please with the drawing and love the color finished picture. 9 x 12, Acrylic, Pigma pen, Pro White on Bristol paper.

2 comments:

  1. I love the background here. I mean i like the figure too but you do not often do such backgrounds like this. it is a nice departure from your normal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, the background is great i love the somplistic cloud look, i would like to have a tattoo of stylized clouds like that on my shoulder

    ReplyDelete